iZania

Go Back   iZania Black Networking Community > Community > Politics
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Poll: What Should Michelle Obama Do After The Presidency?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
What Should Michelle Obama Do After The Presidency?

Old October 12th, 2010, 11:34 AM

Default "Michelle" Obama For President? What's Your Thoughts?

Congratulations to First Lady Michelle Obama on being voted world's most powerful woman by Forbes magazine. I've heard debates on whether she deserved it or not - compared to women C.E.O‘s, Prime Ministers and media moguls like Oprah Winfrey.

But I think it was the perfect choice. Why? Because like our President, she makes history every time she gets out of bed in the morning. She's already being compared to other legendary first ladies like Eleanor Roosevelt, Mamie Eisenhower and Jackie Kennedy. And I agree, but I'll go even further.

Quick! ... Can you name a first lady whose achieved a wider range of global acceptance this fast? She's also the only First Lady to have a Harvard Law Degree. But what I admire most about her personally is her ability to adapt to her surroundings. She can play double dutch with 9 year old school children in the morning - and discuss intricate foreign policy with world leaders in the evening without missing a beat. Very few First Ladies can do that, and what's so awesome she's just getting started.

But my question: After her husband serves his two terms should Michelle Obama turn her global acceptance and popularity into one of the following career moves? ...

1. A political career?
2. Focusing on specific causes like childhood obesity and education reform, etc?
3. Making insane amounts of money from book deals, endorsements and speaking engagements?

What's your thoughts, tell her ... She may be reading this!
Courtesy: BlackHomeOwnerNews.com

----------------------------------------------------

Last edited by troydad7 : October 12th, 2010 at 02:59 PM.
iZania Ads
Old October 12th, 2010, 12:08 PM

Default Re: "Michele" Obama For President? What's Your Thoughts?

I think that whatever Michelle Obama does, it will be enormously successful. I don't think she has political ambitions, but that isn't necessary to make her more popular or successful. She will have a big impact for many years to come by applying her energies wherever her interests lie.

I suspect that she will launch some form of global initiative similar to what President Bill Clinton has done. No other former first lady enjoys the global popularity she does. She will take the time to determine where her personal interests can be applied to make the biggest difference. There is no need to think about money. That will be a natural outcome of anything she does.
Old October 30th, 2011, 11:15 PM

I do have an opinion and that is: she should run for President or some other top political office. Why? Because I think she can make tough, unpopular decisions and deal with the outcome effectively. Yes she would probably be an extension of her husband but I do think she will add her own distinctiveness to it. Just my 2 cents. Peace.
Old October 31st, 2011, 04:42 AM

I think she's quietly learning the ropes and being groomed behind the scenes much like Hillary was when she was in the White House. Perhaps for a run in 2020 or 2024 I predict. But we'll see.