iZania

Go Back   iZania Black Networking Community > Business > Small Business Q&A
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 30th, 2012, 08:56 PM

Default Should I bother starting a business?

I have a current day job I am very unhappy with. I want to quit my 9 to 5 and start my own business. What I would like to know is, is it a waste of time to find a new day job working a profession that is similar to the kind of business I want to start? And would it be any use looking for a new job knowing full well I plan to quit that job months later once I get my business up and going?
iZania Ads
Old April 9th, 2012, 10:59 AM

Default Re: Should I bother starting a business?

Hi Tony,

As far a working a job similar to a business you would like to start is a great idea. This will allow you to get hands on experience in that field and will prepare you for what to expect when you start your own company. I believe starting a business is one of the best options available today. Not only will you be your own boss and do something you enjoy, but your business will do as well as you would like it to. And you can't fire yourself. Please know that the beginning stages of starting a business are not easy and there is no steady paycheck as working a 9-5, but with dedication and hard work, the benefits will far outweigh the negatives. Hopes this helps and good luck to you!

Anthony Watts
Face It Figures
http://faceitfigures.com
Old April 9th, 2012, 11:41 PM

Default Re: Should I bother starting a business?

Hi Anthony. Not having that steady paycheck is the only thing I will miss most. Everthing else sounds good. I need to be my own boss because my current employer is heartless when it comes to taking care of their employees. Just like many large businesses, they only care about money.