iZania

Go Back   iZania Black Networking Community > Community > Politics
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old July 24th, 2010, 05:01 PM

Default Dangers of Black Voter Apathy In November

I'm concerned about Democratic voters lackadaisical attitude toward the upcoming elections in November. Many candidates are in tight races, and Republicans are quietly depending on Democratic voter apathy to help them win - not just campaign promises.

I admit listening to both Republican and Democratic candidates is about as exciting as ... watching paint dry. But if you support the President Obama our best hope is to elect candidates who’ll support him.

Because to allow Republicans to win in November is like handing our President more political haters. And those haters policy is to "just say no" to everything he tries to do - including going to the bathroom if they could do it.

So the million dollar question is ... What does the Democratic Party have to do to get voters (especially Blacks and Latinos) excited by November or can they?

Courtesy: BlackHomeOwnerNews.com
iZania Ads
Old July 25th, 2010, 01:24 AM

Default Re: Dangers of Black Voter Apathy In November

Roy, I share your concerns and here is what can be done about it.

1. Join Organizing for America. This is the Obama grassroots effort to mobilize voters for the 2010 elections. Today, I spent several hours canvassing our local neighborhood along with other volunteers. This is an early effort to raise awareness about the issues and candidates in the November election.

2. Go to Raise Your Vote to help inform and register new voters. Share this information with your friends and spread the word about the importance of voting to support the initiatives that our President has led.

We must fight apathy with action. There is a lot at stake, and we cannot allow the Republicans to gain a majoirty in either House of Congress. Spread the word about these two opportunties to get involved and make a difference.